Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Creating Drama

I know this title implies that I will be discussing making drama. On the contrary, I shall dedicate this one to the creation drama that took place here on Sunday morning.
I was privileged to share a small part of this ministry message from Steve Foss. With no words, the creation came alive before our eyes. Reminders of the glory that God has created, from mountains, to streams, to fish to birds. God saw it all and called it good. Then, depending on which verses we read, mankind is either created first or last. I liked how the drama spent such time and detail on the creation of mankind. With one breath, but with many thoughts and intentions we came to be. That is amazing to me.
With one thought, the streams were formed. With careful planning and extreme love, we were formed to care for and love those things God gave us. We were not given dominion over the earth, but a glorious chance to care for it. We have also been given the chance to care for the people and events God places in our lives. We are here for such a short time, I want to give myself the challenge to be part of a positive movement in the lives of others.
I do not know what that totally means, and God will reveal that as time progresses. I simply feel the need that while I am here, it is my job to put something positive back into the world, and hopefully when I am called home, I can face my Maker and know that I did my part to make it a better place than it was before I was there.
I pray with all that I am, that on that glorious day when I see God, I will hear God tell me that He was pleased with what I did for the Kingdom. Not that I was great and successful here, but that I did the work God wanted and in the way God wanted. I pray for the humility to accept that challenge and to lean not on my own understanding or ability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've checked your blog so know that "yes" people really do read it!! I was blessed to experience the same drama creation you wrote about. Even though the drama was in silence, it spoke volumes loud and clear within me. I found it interesting that I noticed so much more in the silence than I sometimes do in spoken messages.
The pics of the boys are fab-a-mundo; what sweeties. Love & light, dear friend.....Mary

cindy a. larson said...

Thank YOU, dearest sistah. I so value you and your insight. It is so true that the silence speaks more than the loudest trumpets. Funny, huh.
I really felt the impact of the care and time and patience God took/takes in creating HIS Beloved. What a thought.